Wednesday 25 March 2009

Redirection


After huge problems when programming my orginal top down Idea I felt it would be easyer if I changed my game idea to a side scrolling shooter. The game still includes the orginals toryline and characters including tyhe ever favorite zombies and Officer Cody Slade however instead of only being able to see the top og his head, you are now controling him from the side as he wanders the street taking down the dead. With this it will now be alot easyer for me to code the 2 axis rather than the 4 and the simple AI rather than the somewhat complicated 4 axis AI. I have so far designed the all new Cody Slade (Right) however the list of what I need to create is now as long as my arm I must;


  • Create Zombies

  • Create Background

  • Create Forground

  • Animate Character

  • Create AI

  • Create Bullets

  • Create Ammo Count

  • Create Score

  • Create Life Bar

I have had the idea of two main types of zombies, your average, slow bimbling idoit zombies (Common) and hungery zombies which run towards the player making him haft tor eact quickly and putting him on edge on when he needs to reload. Hopefully doing this new game plan will increase my productivity ten fold as I now have a firm grip on what I need to do.





No comments: