Wednesday 3 June 2009

Scrolling, Shooting and powerups!

Today I have been churning through making my level, first of all I added the scrolling background of my game, this makes it alot more fluid and feel a 'huge' amount more like a game;


After first of all making the background then makling sure it scrolls correctly I continued onto the shooting. The character now shoots one round of ammunition every 30 frames, keeping the game difficult due to having to time your shots correctly. After I had created the shooting I added the zombies to spawn at a quick time increasing the difficulty before adding code so as they come in contact with the protagonist they do damage. Once you take all damage you can the game stops and brings up a Game Over Menu which restarts the game. The zombies however do not fire anything towards you however only damage you on touch. I have added the only powerup within Dead End which is the first aid kit, uponc ollecting one of these sparse items they restore your HP to 100%.
My next changes it to add a mini-boss character who is a larger zombie than the rest these zombies have a large health bar instead of taking one shot however only take the same amount of damage off s to not make it to difficult. Along with that I intend to add a start menu aswell as a few sound effects, I also need to animated the characters to begin the animation when walking.

No comments: